Under The Collar Experiment

Friday, October 17, 2014

All you need is Love

I have reconnected with my global citizenship. I am in Manchester, England where I have been at a training learning how to train others in Emotional Skills and Deception Detection.  I love a British accent and the sing song way of chatting. I found myself singing along when I said Thank Yuuuu.. and using their version of "Hon" which is "Love."  I much prefer Love as a term of endearment even for people you've just met.  The group I trained with was was an international group of incredible people from all over.   As we all got to know one another, I tried to explain Unitarian Universalism and my ministry to French, English, Turkish, Polish, and Lithuanian delegates.  It was not an easy task.  Religious diversity is itself is complex... add to it the complexity of gender and sexual orientation with the language differences and we had a lot of expressions of surprise and laughter.  The cross cultural chasm was quite vast yet I was reminded so keenly that despite the differences there is still this common thread of wanting to be seen, heard and understood.  Grounded in love and compassion, I believe there is always a possibility for connection.  I am blessed to have 12 new friends from around the world.   Martin Luther King Jr wrote, "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment